We were invited to participate in the First Ever American Super Jeep Builders Challenge. www.americansuperjeep.com
Our invitation came around the beginning of December and the competition was set for early January. That is not a lot of time to try and complete a major build. We had just finished the StinGrey Scrambler in November and could have entered it into the competition, but we wanted to build something new and exciting.
This means we were going to attempt a total frame off custom restoration from start to finish in 6 weeks and keep the rest of the shop going.
We named this Jeep CJ8 Midnight Scrambler because we knew the crew would have some very late nights getting this rig ready.
The guys worked through lunches, late evenings and weekends. The Midnight Scrambler was finished just in time for some cool test drives a day ahead of schedule.
This build includes:
- Custom Roll Cage
- Customs Front and Rear Bumpers
- Custom Top Enclosure
- New 6.1 Liter Hemi Engine
- New 5 speed Automatic Transmission
- Atlas Transfer Case
- 1350 Series Driveshafts
- New Dana Ultimate 60’s Front and Rear
- Metal Cloak Long Arm Suspension
- ORI Struts
- Barnes 4×4 Steering
- PSC Steering Gear Box
- Hydro-Boost Braking System
- PRP Enduro Seats
- Nitto 38×13.50×20 Trail Grapplers
- XD 20×9 Wheels
- PPG Paint Custom Finish
- Fusion Marine Entertainment Stereo w/Bluetooth